Business Development Manager Opportunity
• Permanent Position • Brisbane CBD • Immediate start
Impact Innovation Group is a specialist innovation management and technology commercialisation company. Our services focus on:
- Innovation management systems and processes using a range of proprietary systems, including training
- Technology commercialisation including commercialisation strategy, licensee engagement and start-up company formation
Impact Innovation’s clients range from Australian listed and unlisted companies, SMEs, government agencies, multinationals, universities, investors and start-up companies.
With the expansion of company activities, we need a Business Development Manager to join our team who will:
- Develop, implement and manage a growth strategy focused on financial gain, client satisfaction, and reputation enhancement
- Conduct research to identify new markets and client needs
- Work effectively with other team members to implement client engagement strategies
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s products and services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Prepare tenders and proposals in response to client requests
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing clients
- Share our vision and values
- Contribute to the company’s success
As the successful candidate you’ll be able to demonstrate competency to handle these responsibilities with success, plus the following:
- An understanding of innovation and commercialisation processes, risk management and change management
- An understanding of the challenges facing SMEs and larger organisations
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a business development manager, sales executive or similar relevant role
- Experience in enterprise software sales
- A strong track record of successful lead-to-sales/contract conversion
- The ability to write technical and business documents concisely and persuasively, including tenders and proposals
- Experience in customer support
- Effective negotiation skills
- The ability to build rapport with clients, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Time management and planning skills, as an independent worker and within a team
- Confidence to ‘cold call’ and close
These attributes will also be highly regarded:
- Tertiary qualifications in a business, management and/or technical/scientific discipline
- Familiarity with research environments
- Active participation in the Australian innovation ecosystem
- Willingness to travel interstate and intrastate
This is an exciting opportunity to work in innovation and technology commercialisation and help small, medium, large and multinational organisations become sustainable enterprises.
Remuneration will be negotiated, taking into account the knowledge, skills and other assets that you would bring to the role.
If this position description matches your career profile and aspirations, please submit your covering letter and CV here.
Posted: 14 September 2017.
Closing date for applications: 28 September 2017.